Tuesday, August 23, 2005

LITTLE MISS HOT CHICK

This morning I woke up, lit off the coffee pot, checked to see that the 4 cory catfish I put in my aquarium the other day were still living (they were), then sat down on the couch to strum my telecaster a bit while the coffee was brewing. What was I strumming? Well ironically I was strumming an old George Harrison tune … “Give me Love, Give Me Peace on Earth”.

I’m funny that way. Good tune though – genius chord changes and so simple – just like George. I still like George even though he was a pacifist. When it comes to music, you have to be flexible when you’re a conservative – and overlook an artist’s political opinions. Nine times out of ten their opinion will differ greatly from yours. Some of ‘em are over the line – and I won’t listen to them. I just downright boycott ‘em. Springstein and the Dixie Chicks (by the way, appears they are DEAD in the country world now). The Strolling Bones, er – Rolling Stones … won’t listen to ‘em ever again. Cher – I don’t listen to her either although I will acknowledge that that video of hers “If I could turn back time” that she shot on the USS Missouri … you know the one right? The one with the buttless black floss outfit with the Sailors in service dress whites standing around cheering her on? That video is an unacknowledged piece of Naval history and deserves respect – I’ll always believe that. But that was many years ago and I don’t think I want to see Cher “flossing” today.

Anyway, after a verse or two of what I was playing, I turned on the tube to FOX and what do I see? Yep, another gussied-up chick from the Terrorist Rights party complaining that George Bush “doesn’t have a plan to win the war”. She also said we were … “losing”??

You know, I’m assuming here that if I’m informed enough to know that the President has a “plan” for the war. If I’m informed enough to know what that plan is. And if I’m informed enough to know that we are WINNING in Iraq – then why doesn’t Ms. Hot Chick Terrorist Rights party operative know that? Why is she trying to mislead people?

Okay, here’s the plan (complete with “exit strategy”). Bush has said this over and over again from the beginning.

First, stand up a democratic Iraqi government and simultaneously GROW Iraqi self-defense forces that can fight any insurgents in Iraq. These SDF’s will take over the fight from our folks.

Second, once the Iraqi’s have a stabile government (and it doesn’t have to be perfect either) – and the Iraqi SDF’s are capable of defending the government – WE EXIT.

That’s the plan. Why does the Terrorist Rights party put forth people who are so ill-informed to speak for them?

Okay, what do I think about Bush’s plan?

Well, I think it’s a good one – I certainly don’t have one that’s better – and neither does the Terrorist Rights Party. That’s evident from their statements. The only other plan that some of them have put forward is to just hold reveille for the troops tomorrow and tell ‘em to pack up their gear and come home. That’s not realistic – that leaves Iraq in the hands of Al Qaeda.

What’s my opinion on how well we’re doing with the plan?

We’re right on track. The guys I know who are fighting in Iraq tell me that the Iraqi’s are turning against the terrorists – and they’re helping us find more and more of them everyday. They tell me that Iraqi men, young and old, routinely defy terrorist threats and stand in long lines to enlist in the Iraqi SDF’s (including the police force). They tell me that the existing SDF’s are becoming more and more effective and they are whacking the hell out of these terrorists over there. And by the way – they’re telling me that the SDF’s don’t worry about trivial matters such as the Geneva Convention. When the SDF’s capture terrorists – they KNOW how to extract information! They don’t fool around.

So in my view – the plan is working well. So what’s the problem with Ms. Hot Chick?

Well, after listening to her – she has no other plan. She’s unhappy, I guess, that the plan isn’t going “quicker” (she must be one of those “fast food” folks who don’t like to wait in line). She’s complaining that it’s taking “too long” to train up the SDF’s (like she’s an expert and knows what’s involved and how long it should take). She’s complaining that we’re losing more and more people over there (as if Bush never told us that this war would be expensive in terms of American BLOOD). She kind of reminds me of my kids in the back seat on the way to Grandma’s – “Are we there yet, Dad?”

Hey, little Ms Hot Chick – errr, this is a WAR. War doesn’t always proceed at the pace you want it to. And guess what? Mistakes are made.

And … NEWS FLASH … people die.

Oh, and there was one other thing that Ms Hot Chick kept pointing out … that President Bush was wrong on the WMD’s.

Well, I’ll stipulate for the purposes of argument that he was wrong on the WMD’s. Personally, I’m not convinced. WE DO KNOW that Saddam had WMD’s because we know he used them against the Kurds. So we know that there were weapons there at one time. WE DO KNOW that Saddam was behaving like he had them. We know he wanted them BAD and that’s one of the reasons he wanted the UN out of his face. And we do know that Saddam gave a big “up yours” to the UN every time they passed another resolution and we know that Saddam was in cahoots with corrupt governments and UN Officials to profit off the Oil for Food program. We know all this – plus a lot of other dirty little things that Saddam did to his own people. And if a news flash came on the television right now saying “We’ve found the WMD’s in Syria! Here they are!” None of us would be surprised – not even little Miss Hot Chick. You know I’m right on this point.

Oh, and by the way – we also know that SADDAM ENGAGED IN TERRORISM AGAINST THE U.S. Oh yes, and Miss Hot Chick seems to have forgotten this. Remember the plot to assassinate Bush Sr? Guess that doesn’t count though huh? That’s terrorism though – by definition.

But I’ll stipulate there were no WMD’s for the purposes of argument.

Still, what is the point? Who cares? Saddam had to go. Contrary to what the **DISCREDITED** 9-11 commission says – we DO know that Saddam gave at least tacit support to Al Qaeda. We know some of them even trained in Iraq. We also know that when we kicked Saddam out of power – who came to his rescue? Al Qaeda! We also know that Al Qaeda is our enemy – an enemy that we can’t negotiate with and we MUST KILL. We also know that Iraq is just chockfull of Al Qaeda right now – so what’s the hurry in running from them? It’s a target rich environment – plenty of Al Qaeda terrorists to send to “paradise” there. Our boys and girls are shooting them up everyday – open season!

Lest no one forget – Al Qaeda attacked this country on 9-11 and killed THOUSANDS of our people. They also attacked the USS COLE and killed 17 heroes of this country. I, for one, am glad to see a location like Iraq where they are coming to join our fighting men and women in battle! I’d much rather see them there than in my daughter’s kindergarten class with a butcher knife to her throat. I trust in a trained MARINE to kill these terrorists – I’m not so sure my daughter’s kindergarten teacher can do this.

So what point is the Terrorist Rights party trying to make? Why is Miss Hot Chick complaining? For political purposes of course! Miss Hot Chick and the Democratic Terrorist Rights Party are willing to force us into a comprising national security posture for the sake of winning elections. They refuse to acknowledge that our survival as a nation relies our winning this war! They think this is GEORGE BUSH’S WAR – and if he loses it – no harm and no foul on the rest of us out here.

I’m a little different I guess. When I was deployed for the war (both Iraq and Afghanistan) – I don’t remember too many of us wearing a flag with a picture of George Bush on it. My memory can be hazy at times but I distinctly recall we were wearing an AMERICAN flag on our uniforms. I kind of think that that means if WE win this war – then America wins. If we lose it – then American LOSES.

But not Miss Hot Chick – she doesn’t see it that way - and sees no problem with crying about trivial matters - while at the same time she has no plan of her own that she can articulate. She sees no corelation between HER actions ( and the actions of her party) and American DEATHS in Iraq. She doesn't see her actions as benefiting the terrorists we are trying to exterminate.

But that's the ONLY people her actions and words are benefiting. Do you think a PFC in Mosul picks up a paper and reads Miss Hot Chick's comments and says "Gee! I LOVE MISS HOT CHICK! Thanks to her I'm going to fight harder today so we can win this war quicker!"

Not on your life.

Okay – now back to my telecaster.

No comments: