Wednesday, July 20, 2005

MADONNA GOES CONSERVATIVE

In an interview with Vogue magazine, Madonna says that she's fallen in love with England and the rural countryside life that she now shares with her husband, film director Guy Ritchie.

I gotta admit - I think that long retro skirt takes the term "hotness" to another level - serioiusly don't you?

You can read about it here ...


Yes, Madonna is shedding her overtly sexual image in favor of that of a plodding English Dutchess!

And just in time too - at age 46 - she is factoring into fewer and fewer male fantasies these days. In this respect, the change is certainly wise for her career.

She now says she loves to hunt and fish, go horse riding, and look after her flock of chickens!

Wonder if that means she now has a hunting and fishing license and a lifetime membership in the NRA? Wonder if she EATS those chickens? I doubt it. - but at least she's on the right track!

Hey, look - I know I sound cynical and all - but I really wish Madonna the best. The real Madonna for me was always the cute little girl with the belly-button who danced around singing "You might be my Lucky Star!".

That girl - or at least the image of that girl - was extremely non-political and mostly non-controversial (except for the belly button and some nude photo's with hairy armpits that suddenly showed up out of nowhere from her "starving artist" days). Then something happened to her. Good luck figuring out what it was - but she turned into Satan's bride for many years - deliberately going out of her way to offend sensiblities and rattle the establishment. Hey, I'm all for a little of that every now and then - but Madonna made a career out of it.

Who amongst us walked away from watching "Truth or Dare" without the absolute knowledge that Madonna was off her rocker? Even libby wag Waren Beatty told her she was crazy!

When she appeared in "Leage of their Own" - we all thought -- "Wow! She's back! The extremely HOT yet innocent girl from our youth is back!". But that turned out to be only a temporary moment of sanity for her.

Now she seems to have grown up and settled down - or is this another temporary bout of sanity that will end as soon as she finds Guy bedded down in the barn with a British babe? We can only wait to find out.

But I'll say this - politics aside (I'm not delusional enough to actually believe that she's found COMPLETE enlightenment and is now a conservative!) - I wish Madonna well and hope she enjoys this new life of hers - and I hope all her hopes and dreams are fullfilled.

Hey, you know - even with all she's done - I still can't hate her for it. I still remember how smokin' hot she was in the first couple of videos she put out on MTV. What can I say? I'm a guy - and in those days - a very excitable guy. Hormones can forgive a lot.

No comments: