Tuesday, July 26, 2005

THE CASE FOR PROFILING ...

I'm all for catching the BAD GUYS.

So when it comes to catching bad guys - I'm all for giving law enforcement the tools they need to catch them.

This means that I'm FOR profiling. Behavioral profiling, economic profiling, social profiling - any-kind-of-tried-and-true profiling.

And that includes RACIAL and RELIGIOUS profiling - if it's proven to be effective.

Let's not kid ourselves, we already perform racial profiling to one degree or another. For instance, let's take serial killers and pediphiles. Fact is - 99% of these guys are white males (I got that statistic from an FBI agent who investigates stuff like that).

When law enforcement is confronted with a serial murder or a pediphile murder - they start looking for a white male - they aren't looking for an African American female.

Now, I'm a white male - and I'm pretty disgusted by that 99% statistic. I wish that statistic weren't true - it really upsets me. But I can't deny it. And why would I insist that law enforcement officials ignore that statistic just because I don't like it?

I may be a white male - but I'm a law abiding one - and I want to CATCH THE BAD GUYS. So my message to cops is to get out there and put these white male serial killers and pediphiles in JAIL! And keep 'em there. If that means you have to stop me on the street and ask me questions - because I fit the profile - you have my permission! I have nothing to fear - I'm an innocent law abiding guy. The only people who have anything to fear from being "profiled" are guilty people!

The same holds true for terrorists - where both racial and religious profiling would benefit law enforcement. Not all terrorists are of middle eastern decent (though most are) - but ALL of the one's we're fighting right now ARE MUSLIM!!

Let's get on with the fight here and do this right. You can't fight terrorists with one arm tied behind your back! The advantage and odds are on the side of the terrorists - why are we "surrendering" any of the few advantages we DO have?

If you're a honest, freedom loving, law abiding MUSLIM - how can you deny that these terrorists - all of them - aren't also MUSLIM? And why would you want to risk another 9-11 just so that you aren't personally inconvienienced by a police officer asking you a few questions here and there and searching your bag?

Hey, there's a war on folks - you want to WIN it?

I saw something about six months ago that stunned me in an airport ...

A U.S. Soldier - in Tri-Color desert camoflage and boots, with field pack - receiving one of those "high-intensity" TSA searches at an airline terminal checkpoint. If you travel, you've seen guys just like him many times in the airport - and you know where those guys are headed to - or coming from - Iraq or Afghanistan.

This soldier had a valid Military ID - was dressed for war - and had written orders from the department of the Army to go to Iraq.

Let me ask you something folks - how many of the terrorist suicide bombers fit the profile of this soldier?

Answer - none!

So why was TSA wasting their time searching this guy - who was obviously not a terrorist - but one of our precious guys designated to go out and WHACK these terrorists? Well, the answer is - political correctness. TSA isn't allowed to profile - so they have to waste their time checking guys like this soldier!

Incredible - and every time an Islamic extremist sees us do something ridiculous like this they smile quietly to themselves and know that they are going to win this war - because WE are going to help them do it with our political correctness.

Let's get real here folks!

No comments: