Saturday, August 30, 2008

GUSTAV And The New Face of Louisiana Politics

Another break for me from my Hurricane preps but I needed to comment on something.

ALREADY ... ALREADY ... I can see a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the State response. Kicking the school marm Blanco out of the Governor's Mansion and putting Bobby Jendal in there is the best thing we Louisianans have done in a LOOOONG time.

Jendal is ALL OVER IT. Nagan in New Orleans - same old shit - he's just getting in front of the cameras and trying to act cool - because that's his only priority - looking cool. What he's saying - isn't much. What he's doing - well he's being spoon fed and told what to do by the Republican State government, FEMA, and the Corps of Engineers.

Whatever happens this storm - it will be a picnic compared to Katrina - because the "Witch of Woe" ... Kathleen Blanco is gone forever from the Governor's Mansion. Peace to her and good luck in future endeavors - just stay away from me!

As far as me and my preps ... bought a 6X10 covered trailer a few days ago and I'll be hauling my refrigerator, washer, dryer and barbeque grill out of here. Already moved the tools and lawn equipment to my folk's house in East Mississippi. I will have everything I need to rebuild if I flood again. Also moving all the valuables upstairs this time - the furniture ... TV's. My goal here is to lose only walls and flooring and cabinets. The dishwasher - well it was salvaged from the Katrina flood and still runs good - but it makes a lot of noise and needs a replace. If it floods - I'll buy another. Oh ... also I could lose the oven if it floods and perhaps my Microwave mounted over it - depending on how high the water gets.

Hopefully the water won't come. I do have a 13 foot levy around my subdivision. Katrina did not breach it ... Katrina TOPPED IT. So if it doesn't get higher than that ... should be okay!

No comments: