Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Is She Really Playing??

I love writing about Madonna. And I just don't know why. I mean, like many young men in the 80's I fell in love with her and her belly-button during her "Borderline" and "Lucky Star" years.

But ...

that all ended sometime around "Like a Virgin" - or maybe even sooner than that - I don't remember. She completely shattered her earlier "boy toy" image that so many of us loved out here. She started to sully herself and her image - by pretending she had some kind of "insight" into life and politics when she's no more intelligent than a New York City cab driver. Difference is - the cab driver doesn't have a "ready made" audience to soak up his political dogma when he feels like spewing it. Madonna has such an audience.

And let's not forget that she was once Shaun Penn's wife. It's really hard to love a woman when you know he's touched her ...

Still ... it's hard to hate her.

She's in the news again ... this time the question is "Is it LIVE - or is it AIR GUITAR!!"

Story from the Telegraph right HERE.

I don't know ... I just found this story and I'll have to review the tape.

That's a Gibson Les Paul Classic she's playing (or maybe not playing) - Jet Black.

Now ... I know that everyone wants to ping on Madonna for "fake" playing this guitar but ... not so fast. Maybe she IS playing it? Theoretically, she should have a lot of time on her hands to learn how to play - and she could have been learning for years. As far as being able to hire a good instructor - I don't think that would be a problem for Madonna. So it's very possible she's playing this.

I'll look it over and post a follow up.

No comments: