Friday, March 09, 2007

And from RIGHT Field came ...

Before I get to the topic of this post I'd like to say two things ...

First ... look two posts down and you'll see that I wrote a post almost a year ago which explained how I was looking at the '08 Presidential election. Notice what I said about Hillary and then compare that to her performance on the campaign trail right now. Not too far off was I? Well, this is only the beginning ... and there is more to come. I didn't foresee the rise of Obama. Who would have a year ago?

- but he's a very bad development for Hillary.

Second ... my "personal" candidate for President - Sen. George Allen - didn't make it to the homestretch. James Webb - one of the most idiotic and egotistical people I've ever seen - beat ole' George in the Virginia senate race and, well - that pretty much killed George Allen's run for President.

So ... as of the current moment - I'm a Mitt Romney guy. I like Rudy too. McCain - I suppose I would hold my nose and pull the lever for him if it came down to he and Hillary, or he and Obama - but I wouldn't enjoy it.

No, for now - I'm a Mitt Romney guy but ...

From Right Field ...

There may be ...

A lot ... better ... news.

FRED DALTON THOMPSON.

Rumor has it that Fred will appear this Sunday on Chris Wallace's "Fox News Sunday" with ... "a big announcement".

That announcement will be one of two things. Either he'll announce that it's "game on" and he's running - or he'll thank his friend Howard Baker for working to convince him to run ... but he's decided not to.

I really don't know which side this coin will fall ... but I hope he runs.

He is a GOLD STANDARD Presidential candidate. Ronald Reagan was one. John F. Kennedy was one. Bill Clinton was one. What I mean by a "gold standard" candidate is a candidate who CONNECTS with the people. Someone who is an expert communicator. Someone who, when he gets on the podium, you can swear to God you can see right into the man's heart.

Communication has nothing to do with speech writing or voice articulation or anything like that. It's 80% body language and facial expression and a certain look in the eye. It's something that Hillary could practice for 100 years and she'd never pick it up. It's something you're born with.

Fred Thompson has "it" though. Mitt and Rudy come close to having "it" - but they aren't quite there. And McCain might even learn a few things from Hillary about "it". No - McCain doesn't have "it".

Fred HAS IT. And that makes Fred a top contender for the Republican nomination - if not THE top.

Furthermore, he's a conservative - which is something that is doubtful about the rest of the top Republican contenders this time around.

Furthermore, he's just a good guy, and I believe an honest one.

Keep an eye on Fred. If he's in - I'm with him!

3 comments:

Howling Latina said...

Wah, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Your favorite candidate was George "Macaca, Bubba, I'm-not-Jewish-well...maybe I am" Allen. And Webb, the celebral senator from Virginia who I had the honor to help elect in my home state is the idiot.

What a sad, delusional joke!

But get ready to do some more gnashing of teeth with laughter as the Dems win the White House in '08 and keep control of both houses in Congress:)

Nick Stump said...

George Allen was your pick for President? And you call Webb and idiot? Two of your gold standard picks are actors for God's sake.

With thinking like this, it's no wonder the Republicans squandered the best political opportunity in the last 50 years. You guys just don't get it.

Vercingetorix said...

Well - yeah I call Webb an idiot. And this week it seems he's gotten one of his aides arrested for illegal possession of a handgun ... HIS handgun!!!

And for anyone who's predicting the complete demise of the Republican party - you might want to remember Newton's Law. What goes up, must come down. The Dems are pretty high right now - it's going to be an awesome fall for them!!