Tuesday, January 10, 2006

AN ENLIGHTENING LETTER ...

I'm a regular reader of THE DEAD PELICAN ...

Something that caught my eye tonight on that site is this letter from Chris in Slidell.

The Dead Pelican (TDP) points out that Louisiana is now losing some of it's best and brightest people - who are giving up on this state ... for keeps.

As Chris states in his letter - he's not leaving just because of the problems caused by Katrina. He's leaving because Louisiana's problems started well before the hurricane ever took aim at our coastline.

TDP isn't the only one that's noticed this exodus of talent from the state - I've noticed it myself. Everyday there are fewer familiar faces at my workplace. "Quitting" this state has become an epidemic.

That is why it's important to RECALL GOVERNOR BLANCO.

She is INSPIRING NOTHING but the exodus. No one, not even her supporters, have any confidence that she can create even a tiny spark of optimism for this state. Folks, we need a man or woman in that office that CAN INSPIRE OPTIMISM.

The ball is now in our court - the people of Lousiana. If we do nothing and accept the corrupt, dark, discouraging political system that Kathy Blanco heads - we deserve our fate. We absolutely have to rise ... NOW! We have to move on this folks!

I like to think that I'm tougher than guys like Chris. I like to think that my neighbors who came back after the storm with me to rebuild are tougher than Chris also. In some ways, I see this storm as a sort of a "natural selection" process that has the potential to leave Louisiana with a newer, stronger, pioneer spirit that will breath new life into this State.

But even if I am tougher than Chris ... he's right about our political system. None of us will have a decent life for ourselves or our families unless we cut the head off this corrupt, impotent serpent - this obese disgusting monster that serves no purpose other than enriching itself. We have GOT TO reform this system folks. Ask yourself, "is there ANY single proposal the Governor has made to reform our political system?"

The answer is, of course ... "no".

My next question is "why not?"

The answers are only too obvious.

No comments: